Whoops, yes I am guilty of 13 things I would never do when I would be pregnant! Before you’re pregnant you think like, I won’t do those things when I am pregnant (again), but then when you’re pregnant – your whole world changes – … I experienced it twice now. Becoming a mom is a process that takes several months of acting strange.
13 Things I would never do when I would be pregnant (again)
- I would never wear joggings or comfy clothes. Well in a way this is true because I rather wear nothing at all. Everything that’s around my waist or touches my body is annoying. I hate clothes and clothes that are too tight. It’s unpleasant to have even maternity wear on top of my belly, don’t know why, but undies are hell now also. So happy to be home and sleep wearing only some drops of CHANEL (just like Marilyn Monroe).
- I would not stop exercising. Well, the first three months I was WAY too tired. It was cold and dark and snowy and when I had to go out with the dogs being pregnant, I was exhausted when I arrived back home. So I tried my best to have some walks, but I rather just stayed inside. Going to the gym… maybe next Monday. And that never happened haha! The best exercise I do at the moment is going to baby stores buying all the stuff for our nursery room. And that is actually hard work!
“Baby shopping is my cardio!”
- I would not eat unhealthy and follow my bad cravings. Nutella is finishing every three days. Like the rest of the chocolate we have at home. I don’t feel like eating healthy. Salads are boring and fruit is not my friend right now. I am a healthy foodie normally, now everything is different. When I see the big M from MacDonalds, my interest is growing. What is wrong with me, seriously? Yes, 12 knackebröd with all kinds of cheese or Nutella is pretty normal at 23.00 pm right? Or asking your lovely husband to make you something in bed when it’s 02.00 am.
- I would stay social. OMG, how many times I have canceled appointments. Or said no even before I thought about it. I am tired. I am in love with our house, being at home and watching pregnancy movies. I am a boring preggo and I love it haha! Friends that have this fabulous life going to every party or place, events, or whatever, I get tired of thinking about it. But if you ask me to go baby shopping, I am in! Ask me to go and eat somewhere, I’ll get out. Food works with pregnant women.
- I won’t sign up for these pregnancy courses. Pregnancy clubs and yoga and breast feeding courses, delivery courses, that’s all nothing for me. Until I got pregnant. I booked those clubs and even my husband is coming with me. He is the dad right? The baby is not only my responsibility. Let him work for it too 😉 We actually love going together and learn so much. It comforts us to see other couples struggle with the same questions and apparently for all the pregnancy ‘problems’ there is a solution that someone else already found out. So, why I was so stubborn and I thought I didn’t needed this? This is fun and helpful. And yes I have signed up for pregnancy yoga too. I’m sure it will be fun! Starting soon.
- I won’t complain. It’s a blessing to be pregnant. New life in your belly. Well hello, it’s my body and I have all the right to complain that I have to go out and pee twice at night. I have to feel morning sick for almost 4 months and seeing someone chew a chewing gum made me want to throw up. Brrrr… I smell everything so much stronger than you. Things I used to love (like the perfume of CHANEL) can now be overwhelming and not pleasant.
But there is more. I don’t understand peoples view, because I am in such a pregg bubble. I am so influenced by the pregnancy hormones, I simply can’t deny that I am being fooled by them.
- I won’t have these concentration problems or forget things. I forget everything. Number one; my keys. Number two; my phone, or phone charger, or handbag or even worse. I forget to turn off the gas, the oven, my hair styler, I almost burned down the house. I forget promises I made to friends, my husband, family (did I really say that?). I forget appointments, I forget doctors, I forget to walk the dogs (true story, they have to remind me by sitting at the door, how sad is this!!!) . I forget to water the plants. Well, this post is endles.. I forget everything! I can’t hear what you say when I am reading something, can’t multitask anymore and I drop my water glass over my desk in the office (happened twice already, colleagues started to ask if I’m drunk haha).
- I won’t feel fat. Being pregnant is something beautiful. I see fat everywhere. I think I look like a fat cow and feel like a fat whale. I know I’m completely fine, but I look so different than normal. Have you seen my baby bump? In my head, it’s huge. In reality, it’s exactly normal according to my midwife, husband, mom, friends and even the dogs can’t stand when I complain to them about how big I look haha! Sorry guys. I am not insecure, I’m just aware of how big I am and partly I want to rub it in your face because I feel proud that I am carrying 9 kg extra already! Such a miracle that your body can transform into a walking babymaker.
- I won’t stop working or blogging. Pregnancy is not being sick right? I can handle all that. I can handle the world. I’m just pregnant, nothing else. Yeah right! I had to slow down and take time for myself but in the end, I’m sharing half of my energy with the baby. I’m sharing my blood, oxygen and he gets to eat first (all the nutrients) and I get his left overs. It was hard to accept that I couldn’t keep up with my own ‘level’, but hey, I am making a baby here! With real flesh and blood!
- I won’t only talk about babies. What? What else exists then? My baby is kicking, is loved already, is alive and is the best thing ever! I really try to be interested in your issues, adventures or stories, but I still prefer to talk only about babies and everything that comes with that. Baby bubble in my head!
- I won’t cry. Well unless you make me cry! Or the TV or even a song in the car. True story, a song made me cry in the car. My husband was shocked. One minute later I was laughing. Shocked again. well, blame it on the hormones. I can’t believe it myself either haha! Everything is much more emotional when you’re pregnant. But it’s easy to impress me. Buy me a baby essential and I will love you forever.
- I won’t buy that much baby stuff. Everything they tell me in the baby store is true. I need it too. The sales people there are devils. They make me think I am a bad mom when I don’t buy all that. I get almost upset with my husband when he’s trying to convince me that we really won’t need this baby thing right now. I don’t believe him, because what does he know about babies haha! You can imagine us standing in the store. The sales guys provoking me and my husband trying to calm me down. So unfair that I have to go though all this. Thank God I still trust him and listens to him. The day after when I can think a bit more straight, I am understanding why becoming parents is best to do together. Men actually matter so much in the pregnancies of their wives!
- I won’t need a pregnancy shoot. What? I put on the biggest PINK CLOUD dress in the world. I’ll probably laugh a lot about myself when the baby is born. Did I really needed this? But when you’re pregnant you think you do! So you just go for it!
Please don’t take this article too serious, it written with a big smile on my face. The 13 things I would never do when I would be pregnant are funny facts. I am truly happy and this is the best time of my life. At the same time, I just wanted to admit for myself that I am this typical mommy to be, right now and that’s ok!
Do you recognize any of my 13 things?
I hope it gave you a smile on your face too 😉