The 22nd of July, Mason was already one month! The time is flying so much. It’s unbelievable! Time for an update!
The most amazing thing about the first month is to have had time together as a family. Mache (my husband), Mason and I. Mache has been off from work and we have done nothing else but enjoying this precious time in the beginning. This time will never come back. Mason has grown already about one kilogram in one month. He changed from size 50 to 56, for some clothes. His cheeks, legs and arms are chubby now and it’s amazing to have him growing up so fast. He’s so healthy and such a sweet baby. He does not only look sweet, but we are getting to know his sweet character too now. He’s very content being in the sling with me. He loves taking naps on top of Mache in the morning when he’s skin on skin (both wearing only a diaper and Mache his boxershorts). It’s an amazing feeling for me to see them together. It’s making me so happy to see our son with his father together. The boys are a great couple!
In this month we have been thinking when to visit the Netherlands, as I wasn’t ready myself even to fly with our newborn son. We are thinking to visit the Netherlands in September. I can’t wait to show him to my family and friends over there. Even though my mother and my brother came to see him here in Sweden and lots of others want to as well. We have had many visitors here too and the time is simply flying away! It’s our time to rest as well, after the pregnancy, which was sometimes stressful because of the risk of pre-eclampsia. Now we can fully rest and enjoy.
The best things for me being a mom of our second baby:
- Feeling so much love for something so precious. There’s nothing in the world that makes me more happy than our little one.
- Seeing him grow and all the little baby steps in his development he’s making. For example, when he’s laying on his belly, lifting his head just a bit longer than yesterday. This makes me happy!
- Taking care of Mason. I love bathing him, putting baby oil on his skin and combing his hair. To arrange a new outfit for him every day is making me so happy! I love his little socks and little clothes. I like washing them and hanging them. I love being his mommy.
- The best feeling is to really enjoy the time with him. Most of the time I’m not even looking at my phone or computer. I like being offline. I love that the time is flying. It’s so nice that there’s not one moment I feel bored with him.
- It’s great to notice that all the things that I used to care about (fashion, clothes, materialistic things like bags and all) don’t matter as much to me anymore. I’m so satisfied with just the love of Mason. I had the same feelings with Féline, our daughter, but I thought that was because the situation was so exceptional. It’s so incredibly nice to care about nothing else but the ‘real’ things in life that matter; health, happiness and just to enjoy the time together.
- I love his little sounds, even when he cries. We laugh a lot when he burps like an old man or when he farts very loud! It’s just so cute. Probably others think I am crazy, but when it’s your own baby, everything is just adorable about him, even a fart.
- I love it when he’s so relaxed while sleeping and his mouth is open. I love how angry he gets when he can’t find the nipple as fast as he wants. I simply love every emotion.
- My body turned into a bit of a mom-body. While my tummy is having more loose skin and overall I have still +5 kg. I like the fact that I feel that that’s such a minor issue. Of course I want my shape back. But I’m proud of myself, I’m proud of the scar on my tummy that shows that I carried my baby. I’m proud of looking like a mom, because I am a mom! 🙂 Once the 6 weeks are over, I’m surely going to move more and try to get a bit better shape again. But even if I won’t ever get that perfect belly again, like I used to have, I won’t care. I have Mason now and that’s worth so much more!
- I love how happy and caring every one else around us is. It’s so nice how much love and attention Mason gets. So much post and love. So much people that care. It’s nice to feel that he is loved by everyone.
- The best feeling about being a mom, is simply being a mom. I can’t describe perfectly in words what it means to me. It’s just happiness. Feeling at the right place in the right time. It’s a miracle. It’s everything that I always wanted. It’s a dream coming true after 3 years of struggle after the first pregnancy. It’s amazing to experience this again.
All right guys, that was the – one month – update, a new post will be up coming Friday!