Hello sweeties, welcome to this Living room inspo post about Nordicprintstore. I take you with me to show you how I upgraded our living room!
Let me tell you a big about Nordicprintstore first. This online store provides posters in all kinds of sizes. The quality of the posters is high! They don’t sell lists, so you have to find your way to IKEA for example, like we did! I can recommend the FISKBO series. The lists are light weighted and super easy to hang! But first you have to decide which posters you like! I did a collaboration with Nordicprintstore and I could choose 10 posters and they have send them to me. Time for an upgrade of our living room! Finally something beautiful on the wall!
Step by step
- First order your favorite posters here on the website of Nordicprintstore.
- Buy your lists and put the posters in, or use creative tape to hang them!
- Choose a wall or corner where you’d like to hang them.
- Organize how you’d like them best by having them on the floor.
- Measure the size of the total posters together and double check with the wall.
- Start in the middle of your collection (depending how many you’d like to hang) and work your way out. Do this always together with someone. So you can work together as a team. I did this with my husband!
- Measure everything again and once you’re sure, make wholes in the wall and hang them posters one by one. Double check your measurements after having one poster hanging. We just used easy hooks as you can see on the picture.
- Hang them all and see the result, enjoy your new living room!
I decided to make a wall full of art, ten posters together, but our wall was too small! So learn from my mistake. Buy the empty frames first and measure them on the wall if you find it difficult to measure the poster without having something in your hands. I decided to use the posters more spread in the living room now. Which in the end, was even better! Here is the original idea:
I am a person that doesn’t love a lot of details every where. So I choose to keep the colors of the posters white, black and green. Then I decorated the living room with green plants; palms growing out of a coconut! I bought them for 50 kronor (5 euro) at IKEA! They are gorgeous and so cheap! We checked the more expensive plants too, but they were simply not as nice, in our opinion. With a pure, green plant like a palm, you get an easy way of creating more green in your living room. Plants give peace and fresh air to a living room. I love standing plants on the floor. I have created our little palm tree island indoor haha!
Meaning of the posters
You might ask yourself why we bought the posters we did. What is the meaning? Some are just beautiful or green details, some have deeper meaning.
The two posters together “imperfection” and the clouds next to it, stands for our daughter Féline that passed away. Our life isn’t perfect in general, but will never be without her in our arms. Even though she’s in our thoughts. This is a beautiful symbol to remember that she’s in heaven.
The Lion also symbolizes her, she was a Leo, born in August. Next to that it stands for power, being fearless and keep going! The king of all animals is just inspiring.
The Paris poster is a promise of Mache to take me to Paris one day. And I am a Paris freak! I love everything about Paris and Parisian styles. The city of love, that you see in the hearts and love posters.
The rest of the posters doesn’t have a deep meaning, but it’s just beautiful to decorate. Follow your heart while choosing your favorite art or decorating your living room. It doesn’t have to be perfect and you can always change things again!
Check out their website
Laptop cover: Appelhout
Please share your advice of home deco with me.
Or simply let me know what you think of our living room so far.