It’s not always so easy to be a nursing mommy in the middle of the night. Hardly able to open my eyes and hearing the little one crying for milk. However, I do the job EVERY NIGHT and to be honest, I absolutely love it. Such a satisfaction to give my baby the best start!
NOTE: To all the moms that don’t breastfeed their baby; this post is not written to judge you. Every one does what she thinks is best and not every one has the option to breastfeed. <3 <3 <3
Sleep well nursing mommy
So what do you need while being a nursing mommy in the middle of the night? Maybe you’re wearing an old t-shirt because breast number one is leaking while breast number two is providing your little one with healthy milk. Or another solution would be to put a towel under your pyjama, so that you could remove the wet towel and start sleeping again after nursing your baby?
What I also tried is to wear a nursing bra in the night and use my nursing pads. But that’s not that comfy and my breast would sometimes start to hurt while their filled up with milk. So what would be best? Stop breastfeeding my baby? No way!
I had the possibility to try out a nursing pyjama from Boob Design. So easy to open right where the boobs are! The nursing pads can be placed in the ‘pocket’ where the pyjama is tight to my breasts, but still very comfortable. You absolutely don’t feel the pyjama being tight around the breasts. So yes, problem solved! No milky wet bed anymore. No milky wet t-shirt or pyjama anymore. Wet towels are the passed and yes to a good night sleep while being a nursing mommy.
Some nursing mommy tips & tricks
- Try to feed your baby while laying down in the bed, I sometimes even fall asleep while feeding our little son. Waking up with one boob still popped out haha!
- When your baby is sleeping in a co-sleeper, like our little Mason, it’s easy to feed the baby, since you don’t have to leave the bed. A co-sleeper is a little bed made for enfants that is stuck to your own bed but has one side open.
- Change the diaper in bed on a towel, have the diapers ready and use a small light of your phone, after changing the diaper, it’s easy to feed a little bit more, so that the little one falls asleep quickly. Don’t take the baby out of the bed or use big lights. It will be a happy party in the middle of the night in that case.
- Don’t talk a lot to your little one, give the baby less attention than during the day. Just a good night kiss and “slaap lekker” (“sleep well”) will do the job. He or she will understand that it’s not the time to play and wake up.
- Always have lots of water next to your bed. I drink at least 800 ml per night. I am very thirsty in the night. When I hear Mason swallowing my milk, I get even more thirsty. Water is my favorite friend at the moment. Some moms need something small to eat as well. A muesli bar or something healthy and quick can help you sleep and not staying awake of hunger.
- Be a team! I ask my husband to do Masons diaper too, sometimes even at the same time while I’m nursing him. It’s a great support and it’s easier to keep up being a nursing mommy while you have a supporting partner.
- Buy a pyjama from Boob Design, it’s worth it!
Do you have any tips and tricks for a nursing mommy?
What do you think of my new pyjama?
– This post was sponsored –